The Association’s tasks include assessing and sponsoring the general economic needs of the special steels industry, taking commercial business into account. The Association’s former focus solely on the German market has been widened to embrace a European point of view with the opening up of membership to foreign members.
Its Committees examine and provide information on:
- macroeconomic factors for individual products,
- sales opportunities in the individual markets of the EU,
- the development of trading stocks (purchasing, sales and quantities in stock),
- the development of import structure and volumes,
- forming opinions on anti-dumping and other external economic measures,
- providing services and information for member companies