The Steel Information Centre (Stahl-Informations-Zentrum, S-I-Z)
The S-I-Z is an organisation of the German steel industry and provides market- and user-oriented company-neutral information on the use and processing of the material steel. The S-I-Z works out information on the performance features of steel, and innovative steel applications, by means of presentations, participations at trade fairs and exhibitions, as well as PR activities.
- A variety of publications (the “Characteristic Features” series, documentation, leaflets, “Stahl und Form”) offer a wide range of practical information for planners, constructors and steel processors. Information is also available on training and further education. On request, contacts to institutes, professional associations and specialists in research and industry are arranged as an individual service.
- Presentations provide information on steel applications and offer a forum for reports providing details on practical experience. The topics range from construction to application, and processing to ecology.
- Trade fairs and exhibitions provide information on new material developments as well as innovative, trail-blazing steel applications.
- Marketing activities are carried out to support the use of steel in a variety of markets, for example in the construction of automobiles or buildings.
- The Steel Innovation Prize is awarded every three years, at last in 2003.
- A presence in printed media, and on the radio and TV, improves the image of the material.
Postfach 10 48 42
Tel.: +49 (0) 211 6707 0
Fax: +49 (0) 211 6707 344